STREET LIGHTING APPLICATION
Street lighting is the application of illumination along roads with the primary purpose of improving safety by increasing visibility and reducing the effects of glare from other light sources in the visual environment.
Our range of Street Lighting LED luminaires are designed to provide maintenance savings, long-term energy-saving and a return on investment. Our proudly South African manufactured luminaires provide improved safety and lighting quality while reducing energy consumption.
There are so many types of roads and different projects have different requirements. Therefore, our various luminaires can be customised as regards to luminous flux, light distribution or colour temperature, each of these provide an individual lighting solution precisely matched to the intended purpose.
Our STADA range of lenses enable luminaires to be individually modified to specific lighting requirements, covering all road lighting classes (SANS 10098-1). This enables lighting solutions to be optimised in terms of road width, mounting height, boom length and distance between poles.
PRINCIPLES OF OPTICALLY GOOD STREET LIGHTING
- Efficacy (lm/w) – Get light where it is needed with minimal loss.
- Luminance (lx) or illuminance levels (cd/m2) – Brightness and light levels on the road.
- Uniformity – Good light uniformity on the road is required for road safety and clear visibility to all sections.
- Glare – Excessive or irritating light that reduces road user vision.
- Light pollution – Up light causes unwanted sky glow in urban areas, and unwanted back light and spill-light.
- Flexibility – through good design and number of light distribution variants for different street lighting arrangements and requirements.
Not too familiar with the types of roads or the requirements?
Browse the Street Lighting Guide...
FEATURED PRODUCTS FOR STREET LIGHTING APPLICATIONS
LIKE WHAT YOU SEE?
Get in touch with a Sales Consultant to discuss new products, recent projects, news and more!